AGENT LICENSING IN WV
The WV OIC Licensing & Education Division oversees and facilitates every aspect of licensing for individuals and business entities engaged in insurance transactions.
The division is responsible for ensuring that licensees comply with licensing laws and regulations, including the approval of continuing education and pre-licensing course of instruction.
- All individual resident agents are subject to continuing education for every major line of authority (Life, Health, Property, Casualty, Variable Life, Variable Annuity, Personal Lines)
- CE Requirement of 24 hours for each CE biennium must be completed by the last day of your birth month, odd or even numbers years, depending on birth year.
- A course can only be credited one time during the biennium.
- Agents must complete at least 6 hours directly related to one or more of the agent's active lines of authority
- Three hours must be in ethics course concentration