Why Choose An Independent Agent
There is a difference
When it comes to choosing an insurance agent, there is a difference. Insurance is an important safety net for your family, your home and or your business. Make sure your choice can provide you with the cost-savings, service and protection you deserve.
Three types of agents
There are essentially three types of insurance agents:
- Captive Agents - who work for a specific insurance carrier and can offer you insurance from only that company.
- Telephone Representatives - who work for a specific insurance carrier and can offer you insurance only from that company, and only on the telephone.
- Independent Agents - who work for you, can offer you insurance from a number of different insurance carriers, and can research the options to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
Benefits of choosing an independent agent
From service to competitive pricing, there are many benefits to choosing an independent agent. Your independent insurance agent:
- Is a licensed professional with strong customer and community ties
- Can provide you with excellent service and competitive pricing because they can access insurance coverage from more than one company
- Is not beholden to any one company so you won't need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change
- Provides personal assistance when you have a claim or a question about your coverage
- Is a value hunter who looks after your pocketbook by finding the best combination of price, coverage and service
- Offers one-stop shopping for a full range of products, including homeowners, renters, auto, business, life and health insurance
- Treats you like a person, not a policy
Look for the Trusted Choice logo
If you're looking for an independent agent in your community, just look for the Trusted Choice logo. Most independent agents are affiliated with Trusted Choice, which allows consumers - like you - to identify which agencies can offer you with the options you need to get the best coverage at the best price.
Trusted Choice agents also adhere to a Pledge of Performance so you can expect reliable service and trustworthy advice from an agent that lives and works right down the street - not from a call center hundreds of miles away.
Trusted Choice Pledge of Performance
Find your local trusted choice insurance agent!
Click here to find an agent in your community!